Kent is an entrepreneur, software architect, and technology innovator. Before taking his former role of VP Acceleration at Radware, Kent was CTO at Strangeloop Networks, where he was instrumental in authoring all of Strangeloop’s issued and pending patents. Prior to helping create Strangeloop, he served as CTO at IronPoint Technology. Kent also founded Eclipse Software, a Microsoft Certified Solution Provider, which he sold to Discovery Software in 2001.
In more than 25 years of professional development experience, Kent has served as architect and lead developer for successful production solutions with The Active Network, ADP, Lucent, Microsoft, and NCS. ”Port View”, an application Kent architected for the Port of Vancouver, was honoured as ”Best Administrative System” at the 1996 Windows World Open Competition.
- Performance Bottlenecks Evident in the Top 50 Sites of Multiple Industries
- We’re Not There Yet: Images, Scripts and Redirects Are Slowing Down the Top Mobile Travel Sites
- When Research Findings Challenge Our Conventions
- Processing Fluency: The Missing Link in UX
- Déjà vu all Over Again with Page Bloat in the World’s Top 100 Ecommerce Sites
- Yes, It Is Slower. News Sites Take Notice of Slow Load Times
- The (Context) Sensitivity of Speed
- New Findings: State of the Union for Ecommerce Page Speed and Web Performance [Spring 2015]
- The Case for Auto-Preloading: The Anatomy of a Battle-Tested WPO Treatment